Monday, October 22, 2018

THE CLAIM

Without a doubt, this blog makes a remarkable claim, and one hard to believe, even for the blogger.

 TWO images among several I found, 
(1 & 2 on the left) of Charlie Siringo, 
Pinkerton detective and western writer. 
The rest are provided for comparison.

I ran across a rare and important cache of tintypes, featuring some of the most important personalities of the Victorian era; Mark Twain, Allan Pinkerton, many American and French artists, even Albert Einstein.

They were for sale, unidentified, but I thought they were fairly easily recognized, with a little research. I have posted this blog in hopes that others who acquired images from the same person would find this and join me in the quest to understand the history behind these wonderful images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sticking your finger into the fire...please drop your thoughts into it!